Connecting Cytoscape and D3.js

srikanth bezawada

May 22, 2015, 3:31:44 PM5/22/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hello Cytoscape,

I have been working on "Connecting Cytoscape and D3.js"  via existing d3jsexporter for a while. The idea is to add new export formats like adjacency matrix visualization, tree map, dendogram etc and the exchange of data is through JSON. The bottomline of this project is to enable users to visualize the same data set in different ways.

I completed adjacency matrix export format to existing exporter app. and  here is the Sample visualization inspired from Kei's sample project. Please let me know if I am on the right track.

Thanks,
Srikanth.B.

Barry Demchak

May 22, 2015, 9:08:55 PM5/22/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com

Pretty fun, Srikanth …

Can you tell me how you’re getting network data out of Cytoscape and into your web viewer? Are you doing an export to .cyjs? … or is there another mechanism? … maybe via cyREST?

Thanks.

srikanth bezawada

May 24, 2015, 5:13:40 AM5/24/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barry,

Network data out of Cytoscape is fed to web viewer through JSON which is obtained using  d3jsexporter app. When we install this app, new export formats compatible to d3.js are obtained. The idea of the project is to add new export formats through this app.

d3adjexport.png

Thanks,
Srikanth.B.

Barry Demchak

May 25, 2015, 12:03:01 PM5/25/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Srikanth --

Best of luck with this project ... very fun!
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak, PhD
: UC San Diego, Department of Medicine
: https://sosa.ucsd.edu/confluence/display/~bdemchak/Home