Saving GeneMania Results in Cytoscape

Benjamin Bowlby

Feb 13, 2016, 3:01:16 PM2/13/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi,

I'm new to Cytoscape so this may be a very basic question... but I'm running a list of ~1000 genes using the GeneMania plugin in Cytoscape 3.3.0.  I would like to save my network and be able to reopen in later.  I have done this by saving the table, and my saving the session, both work fine.  But when I reopen, I lose the GeneMania information in the Results Panel (Co-Expression, Physical Interaction, etc.).  I would like to be able to select and deselect the GeneMania networks (Co-Expression, Physical Interaction, etc.) to get various visualizations of the data.  Is there a way to reopen the Results View from a saved session, or save my session in a way that retains the GeneMania?

Thank you,
Ben

Christian Lopes

Feb 24, 2016, 10:01:34 AM2/24/16
to cytoscape-discuss
The GeneMANIA data should be saved and restored if you have the app installed whenever saving or opening the .cys file.

Do you get any errors when saving/opening it?
Could please send me the .cys file?
If you can send me Cytoscape's log file (<HOME>/CytoscapeConfiguration/3/framework-cytoscape.log), that would also be very helpful.

Thanks,
Christian

Marija Ger

Jun 20, 2016, 9:37:48 AM6/20/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hello,
Same problem here. Cytoscape 3.3, no errors on closing-opening.

Thanks,
Marija