Highlight a specific path in a network

zeynab

Jul 9, 2015, 12:41:53 PM7/9/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I'm  new in Cytoscape and I want to detect and highlight a given specific path in my network. I want it to be an app that appear in the menu "Apps".
For this moment I don't have any idea of what I need to put in my app source code. Can someone help me, please ? may be there is an all-made app available ?!.

Thanks
Zeynab

Scooter Morris

Jul 9, 2015, 3:24:27 PM7/9/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zeynab,
    You may want to take a look at Pesca in the app store.  I believe it will do what you want.

-- scooter

zeynab

Jul 10, 2015, 4:59:12 AM7/10/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Scooter,

Thx for your answer but it's not really what I would do. The path I seek, does not really have a relationship with shortest path algorithm. So I just want give to my App, for a first time, manually(in the code), a specific path( for example: node1==>node2==>node3==>node8...) and the app must find this path in the current network and highlights it.

Any other idea ?
Zeynab

srikanth bezawada

Jul 25, 2015, 6:44:42 PM7/25/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com, zeyn...@gmail.com
Hey Zeynab,

How would the user give the path as input ? Any ideas ? This feature may be useful for large networks.

Thanks,
Srikanth.B.

zeynab

Jul 27, 2015, 7:19:46 AM7/27/15
to cytoscape-discuss, srikan...@gmail.com
Hi Srikanth,

for my usecase, it's pretty simple: by loading a file like this:

source   interaction   target
node1    10    node2
node2    11    node3
node3    12    node2