Application for cycle detection?

Leonid Shikhov

Jun 14, 2016, 12:27:13 PM6/14/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hello,
Please be kind to advise some app that finds cycles and creates sub-graphs from them.
I only found MetNet "Subgraph creator" plugin but installation gives an error.
Thank you in advance.

Scooter Morris

Jun 16, 2016, 11:24:31 AM6/16/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi Leonid,
  You may want to take a look at NetMatchStar and see if that does what you want.

-- scooter

srikanth bezawada

Jun 16, 2016, 4:00:10 PM6/16/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com

Hi Leonid,

Find CycleDetector app here : http://apps.cytoscape.org/apps/cycledetector

This app finds cycles in a given network and creates cycles as new Cytoscape networks.
Let me know if you find any bugs. I'll update the app soon, consider this as a beta version.

Thanks,
Srikanth.B.

Leonid Shikhov

Jun 17, 2016, 5:22:17 PM6/17/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Thank you Scooter, Srikanth,

I tried both programs, NetMatchStar really does what I need, though I could not separate subnetworks some why, but it's own reporting is OK.

Srikanth, your app will be exactly what I want, when it will be able to find cycles for directed graphs. Regarding bugs, "cancel" button is not working, it continues calculations..
Also, ideally, it will be great if it will have some limitations, for example, "find only cycles with 2 to 4 nodes", and some option not to create subnetworks for the case when it finds thousands of them.

Best regards, Leonid

srikanth bezawada

Jun 27, 2016, 12:46:30 PM6/27/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leonid,

Thanks for the feedback. Stay tuned for the next version of the app available for directed and undirected networks.
- User should be able to input the range of no. of nodes. Sounds good and default returns all cycles.
- So how should this case handled ? Extract only 20 cycles when there are more than 20, something like that ?

Thanks,
Srikanth.

Leonid Shikhov

Jun 27, 2016, 2:12:53 PM6/27/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi, I think the best way if it will ask something like "N cycles found in total, how many subnetworks do you want to create?"

srikanth bezawada

Jun 27, 2016, 3:14:06 PM6/27/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the idea Leonid.