Initialize node location by given x and y axises - is this possible?

Wen Wang

Jun 20, 2016, 11:15:10 AM6/20/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi~

I would like to load my network to Cytoscape with predefined x and y axises. Is this possible?

If yes, how to do it? I googled and couldn't find any hint about this.

Thank you!

Wen

Scooter Morris

Jun 20, 2016, 12:16:16 PM6/20/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wen,
    Sure, X Location and Y Location are visual attributes that can be set through the Styles panel.  Just import your X and Y values into columns in your Node table, then use a passthrough mapper to map those values to X Location and Y Location in the node style.  To see the X Location and Y Location properties go to the Node tab of the Styles panel, then under Properties (near the top of the panel) you'll see "X Location" and "Y Location".  Select those and the X and Y Location properties will be available to set up.

-- scooter

Wen Wang

Jun 21, 2016, 10:52:47 AM6/21/16
to cytoscape-discuss