ClueGO: Missing genes for Mycoplasma Genitalium G37

oc1...@bristol.ac.uk

Jun 13, 2016, 12:59:44 PM6/13/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi,

Below is a list of genes that can't be found. They are classed as "classified" within the WholeCell model and so thought it was strange to not have any GO matches. Can you help me with this? Are the gene names wrong or is GO just not up to date enough perhaps?

All the best,
Oli

Gene IDs not found (no annotation or wrong ids) in Cluster#1:
MG471
MG472
MG475
MG479
MG483
MG484
MG485
MG486
MG487
MG488
MG489
MG490
MG492
MG493
MG495
MG496
MG497
MG499
MG500
MG501
MG502
MG503
MG504
MG506
MG507
MG508
MG509
MG510
MG511
MG512
MG513
MG514
MG518
MG519
MG520
MG523
MG_0001
MG_0003
MG_0004
MG_288
MG_333
MGrrnA16S
MGrrnA23S
MGrrnA5S

bernhard

Jun 14, 2016, 7:53:17 AM6/14/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi Oli,
your IDs are either not the official MG IDs or they were discontinued.
e.g. are official ids but were discontinued in NCBI:
MG_288 -> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/875403
MG_333 -> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/875441

e.g.:
MG_0001
MG_0003
MG_0004
MGrrnA16S
MGrrnA23S
MGrrnA5S

are not official EnsemblGeneIDs
rename them to
MG_001
MG_003
MG_004

and it should work (as long they have a GO/KEGG annotation)

all the other missing IDs are also not official EnsemblGeneIDs

MG471
MG472
MG475
MG479
MG483
MG484
MG485
MG486

etc...

MG518
MG519
MG520
MG523
MGrrnA16S
MGrrnA23S
MGrrnA5S
they should be:

MG_471
MG_472
MG_475
MG_479
MG_483
MG_484
MG_485
MG_486

etc...

MG_518
MG_519
MG_520
MG_523
MG_rrnA16S
MG_rrnA23S
MG_rrnA5S

I added an AlternativeID column removing the "_" from the IDs so it should work also with e.g. MG518, but the official ID should be MG_518.

I put the update organism data on the webserver and you can downloading it again in the "Download Organism" section.

Best