custom graphics with large files

Victor Chubukov

Jul 12, 2016, 3:48:28 PM7/12/16
to cytoscape-discuss
I'm having some issues using custom graphics from a web url, with a passthrough mapping. I'm running a local web server to serve the images, which generally works fine. However, I've found that when I increase the resolution of the images, making the files >100kb or so, cytoscape simply hangs while trying to load them (and in fact also hangs the web server).

The network is small, <100 nodes. The images load completely fine in a browser. When I simply decrease the size of the image, down to the 50kb range, it also works without a problem. I'm on Cytoscape 3.3.0 on Windows 7.

Is this a known issue? We can work around it, but it was a difficult bug to track down and I think it would be useful to have this documented and have better behavior on failure.

Best,
Victor.

Scooter Morris

Jul 14, 2016, 9:58:32 AM7/14/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi Victor,
   No, this isn't a known problem.  Can you file a bug and include a way to reproduce it?

-- scooter