Prevent Edges from Crossing over Nodes

Sherif Morris

Apr 13, 2015, 2:57:19 PM4/13/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com

I have been utilizing Cytoscape for a few days and find it very powerful. However, some its functionalities I am still trying to unlock. Here is a network I have graphed , but because of how dense it is - the edges are crossing over nodes they aren't connected to.

Is there any way this can be prevented? Attached is an illustration of the problem I speak of.

label.png

Ruth Isserlin

Apr 13, 2015, 3:03:27 PM4/13/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
I find that sometimes bundling the edges helps with this issue.  (layout -> bundle edges)

On Apr 13, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Sherif Morris <gerges...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been utilizing Cytoscape for a few days and find it very powerful. However, some its functionalities I am still trying to unlock. Here is a network I have graphed , but because of how dense it is - the edges are crossing over nodes they aren't connected to.

Is there any way this can be prevented? Attached is an illustration of the problem I speak of.

<label.png>

Keiichiro Ono

Apr 13, 2015, 3:18:32 PM4/13/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Yes, usually edge bundling is the way to go.

If your network is that dense, it is better to increase "spring
constant" for cleaner view.

Kei
> --

Keiichiro Ono