synchtaskmanager dialogue

Lilit Nersisyan

Feb 28, 2017, 10:02:09 AM2/28/17
to cytoscape-discuss
Dear Cytoscape community,

I'm using synchtaskmanager, as I'm executing tasks that should wait for one another to execute in order. I would like to have the exceptions thrown on a taskmonitor, as is the case with taskmanager. I have read the following two threads:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/cytoscape-discuss/synchronous%7Csort:relevance/cytoscape-discuss/L--Q99mNAOo/VZzwvQelsXMJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/cytoscape-discuss/synchronous%7Csort:relevance/cytoscape-discuss/9DrpPID5bJc/Cj7rdlIzgCcJ

I understand that observableTask is one solution, but it seems like a bit of additional coding: I haven't tried it, since I'm having trouble importing the classes from the cytoscape.work library (no such interface seems to be there, I'm using the dependency:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.cytoscape</groupId>
<artifactId>work-api</artifactId>
<version>${cytoscape.api.version}</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

The question is: (1) may the taskmonitor be implemented for the synchtaskmanager, as it would be very useful. (2) in case not, could you, help me to find the observableTask? :)

I'm using Cytoscape 3.4.0.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Lilit