Bacterial Genome

shazia haider

Jul 22, 2015, 12:53:47 AM7/22/15
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi
Can anyone help me to analyse the bacterial genome sequence with the help of Cytocsape. I have the different bacterial strain sequence but not getting the proper way to proceed further to some fruitful result through the use of Cytoscape.

I would be grateful for this great help.

Thanking You
Shazia

Alexander Pico

Jul 23, 2015, 3:29:20 PM7/23/15
to cytoscape-discuss, shaziah...@gmail.com, shaziah...@gmail.com
Hi Shazia,

There isn't an obvious entry point from a genome to network analysis. There are many directions you could go, depending on your questions. For example, perhaps you want to focus on a subset of genes and then search for interactions between them. Until you've identified some genes and a question, there's not much to do in Cytoscape.

 - Alex