Re: Programmatically click on menu item

Martin Cerny

Jul 22, 2016, 1:00:41 AM7/22/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
I know it is a hack, but I think (have not tried) that you can get access to the menu items by fetching all TaskFactory and/or CyAction services via the ServiceRegistrar and then filter on either the  "preferredMenu" and "title" properties the TaskFactory was registered with, or for CyAction filter on getName() and getPreferredMenu(). You could also filter on getClass().getName(). How to execute a CyAction or a task from a TaskFactory programmatically is described in the documentation.

Martin

Hi Daniel,

This is not supported by the Cytoscape API.  The yFiles code is closed to us, unfortunately, so we couldn't expose it's individual layouts and their parameters via the general Cytoscape Layout interface. And we don't the the UI directly exposed via the API either.

Good news: All of the other layouts, include app-specific layout, are available!  (see attached list)

 - Alex

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 11:10:47 PM UTC-7, dpgil wrote:
How can I programmatically "click" on a menu item in Cytoscape 3?

For example, I want to apply a yFiles layout algorithm.
I understand this is closed source, so I want to grab the Layout menu item, click that, and then click yFiles -> Hierarchical.

How can I programmatically click these items?

Thanks,
Daniel

Barry Demchak