node size relative to number if adges

jean simon

Jun 15, 2016, 11:28:45 AM6/15/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hello,

I am using cytoscape 3.4.  I want to correlate node size to the amount of edges linked to the gene ( to highlight hub molecule). There are some tutorial for previous version of cytoscape but the options  are different in the new version. could you please help me with that?

Thanks

Matthias König

Jun 15, 2016, 4:53:15 PM6/15/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi J,
what you want for your visual mapping is the node degree (number of edges) as an attribute on your nodes.
You can get this via the NetworkAnalyzer

Tools -> NetworkAnalyzer -> NetworkAnalysis -> Analyze Network

Depending if you want to have degree, or in-degree/out-degree select directed or indirected.

Now you can use 'Degree' attribute in a VisualMapping to node size
ControlPanel -> Style -> Node -> Size

Select Column=Degree and ContinousMapping and adapt the mapping function, i.e. how the node degree maps to size.