Using CyRootNetwork

srikanth bezawada

Jun 7, 2016, 2:07:53 PM6/7/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hello Cytoscape,

CyRootNetwork root = ((CySubNetwork)currentnetwork).getRootNetwork();
CyNetwork mysubNetwork = root.addSubNetwork(newnodes, newedges);

I would like to use mysubNetwork just programmatically(no need to show the subnetwork in control panel, hence not registering with network manager) for removing some of the new edges  and other manipulations.

Is it possible ?

Mike Kucera

Jun 9, 2016, 3:07:12 PM6/9/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi Srikanth,

The subnetwork won't show up in the control panel, and events won't fire for it, until it is registered with the CyNetworkManager.

Mike.

srikanth bezawada

Jun 9, 2016, 3:19:06 PM6/9/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. I got it working.

I deliberately didn't want to register the sub-network and wanted to avail the subnetwork Api programmatically in my case.