Suppressing ptint outs in command window.

Ruth Isserlin

Jul 27, 2015, 3:51:35 PM7/27/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
When a launch cytoscape with command script or when I run the command from the command tool the same task that happens in less than a minute from the interface takes hours.  Command tool is printing out what is usually in the taskmonitor and I am not sure if that is why there is a discrepancy between running the exact same task.  (For example it is printing out
Parsing rank file 1 of 31426
Parsing rank file 2 of 31426
Parsing rank file 3 of 31426 )

I am not sure if it is the printing that is causing the drastic increase in compute time but I was wondering if there is a way to supress it or a way so that it just prints the title of the task.

Thanks,
Ruth

wjrl

Jul 30, 2015, 12:27:37 PM7/30/15
to cytoscape-discuss, ruth.i...@utoronto.ca
Don't know if it has any effects on the task speed, but (at least in Unix), you can toss out all messages to the screen by piping stdout and stderr to /dev/null:

./cytoscape.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

Bill

Ruth Isserlin

Jul 30, 2015, 12:33:45 PM7/30/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bill,

Thanks but it isn’t printing out to the console it is printing out to the command tool window because I am launching cityscape with a command script file.

Any way of suppresses the command tool print outs?

Thanks,

Ruth