Banding Trypsin (GTG banding)...

Carolyn Haire

Sep 17, 2010, 12:48:10 PM9/17/10
to cytogenetics-methods-and-trouble-shooting
Hello All!

We have just learned that our supplier for our trypsin that we use for banding has said that it is "back ordered indefinitely."  We are currently using Tyrpsin 10x, from Sigma (product number T4674). Can anyone suggest an alternative (specifically a manufacturer and product number would be helpful!). Thanks a ton!

giff

Sep 18, 2010, 8:35:42 AM9/18/10
to Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting
Hello Carolyn,
try contacting Krackeler Scientific their website address is
http://www.krackeler.com. They sell 10X Trypsin
2.5% Trypsin in HBSS w/o calcium, magnesium, phenol red 6-pack/100mL
bottles $130.63
CAT# 23-25-054-CI
Also try Fischer Scientific
or Invitrogen they also sell 10X Trypsin

oxforduni

Sep 20, 2010, 12:28:52 AM9/20/10
to Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting
Invitrogen sell Trypsin 2.5% (10X) item number 15090046 it should be
the same as the Sigma product.

Carolyn Haire

Sep 20, 2010, 10:32:45 AM9/20/10
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate it! :-)

karyotyper

Oct 27, 2010, 3:56:50 PM10/27/10
to Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting
Hi,

we are using for samples from peripheral blood:
T7409-1G from Sigma-Aldrich (Trypsin from porcine pancreas lyophilized
powder, Type II-S, 1,000-2,000 units/mg dry solid)
we have frozen aliquots, and immidiately before using make solution of
0,035%

for prenatal samples AFS and CVS we are using:
18-03-051-5B, 100ml Trypsin EDTA 10x from Biological Industries, at
concentration 4 - 8 %

By