Remove metadata from generated cpp

tanguy...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2017, 5:43:41 AM1/13/17
to cython-users
Dear all,
is it possible to tell cython not to include metadata in the generated .cpp ? Or at least the top part

/* Generated by Cython 0.23.4 */

/* BEGIN: Cython Metadata
{
}
END: Cython Metadata */

Since I'm using git and I included the .cpp file to be able to compile on computers that do not have cython installed, I would like to avoid having the metadata differ (and thus the file being rewritten on git) every time I commit from a different computer (since e.g. version and paths can be different).

Best regards,
Tanguy

Stefan Behnel

Jan 14, 2017, 4:11:56 PM1/14/17
to cython...@googlegroups.com
The latest versions are trying harder to use relative paths instead of absolute ones. Updating might thus solve your problem.

Stefan

tanguy...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2017, 2:32:10 AM1/16/17
to cython-users

Dear Stefan,
thank you for your answer! I guess this means that there are indeed no cythonize options or anything that would allow me to remove the metadata, then.

I guess I'll try to remove the meatdata header "manually" by modifying the .cpp file from setup.py, then.

Best,
Tanguy