Numpy deprecated API warning

Alex L

Nov 28, 2017, 4:05:22 AM11/28/17
to cython-users
When running cython.inline on a function with numpy arguments, I get a deprecated API warning*. I have some code that repeatedly calls cython.inline, making this a big issue (end users of my code get lots of these warnings).

Is there any plan to update the API calls/suppress the warning? If not, can I suppress the warning myself somehow? I've tried adding distutils directives like the one below, but they seem to get ignored in cython.inline calls.

# distutils: define_macros = NPY_NO_DEPRECATED_API NPY_1_7_API_VERSION

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

warning: "Using deprecated NumPy API, disable it by #defining NPY_NO_DEPRECATED_API NPY_1_7_API_VERSION" [-W#warnings]