Docs pages incomplete?

Hanno Klemm

Jul 29, 2016, 10:31:20 AM7/29/16
to cython...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I noticed yesterday, that at least one documentation page is no longer
available. The Google search for "typed memoryview" comes up with the
link:

http://docs.cython.org/en/latest/src/userguide/memoryviews.html

However, my browser then tells me that:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
address in a way that will never complete.

Has something gone wrong when migrating the docs?

Hanno

--
Hanno Klemm
kl...@phys.ethz.ch

stefandw

Aug 1, 2016, 1:05:15 PM8/1/16
to cython-users
Yes I had a similar problem. The official docs on http://docs.cython.org/en/latest/ seem to have reverted to a very old version which still advocates the old buffer syntax.

If you go to the docs folder in the github repo though, you can see the most recent version. Unfortunately it doesn't render as nicely as a real website, but it'll do the job.

Anyone know how to fix the official docs?

Many thanks,
Stefan

Robert Bradshaw

Aug 1, 2016, 1:43:11 PM8/1/16
to cython...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for pointing this out. It should be fixed now.
> --
>
> ---

Antony Lee

Aug 1, 2016, 5:01:05 PM8/1/16
to cython...@googlegroups.com
FWIW the link to the dev version of the docs (top of the first page) is still broken.

Robert Bradshaw

Aug 1, 2016, 5:24:58 PM8/1/16
to cython...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Antony Lee <anton...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> FWIW the link to the dev version of the docs (top of the first page) is
> still broken.

At cython.org? Fixed.

Antony Lee

Aug 1, 2016, 5:37:05 PM8/1/16
to cython...@googlegroups.com
No, the "current in-development version", which links to http://docs.cython.org/en/latest/dev/ (still broken here).

Robert Bradshaw

Aug 1, 2016, 5:53:01 PM8/1/16
to cython...@googlegroups.com
OK, now I'm seeing it. (Should rebuild soon.) I also made
http://docs.cython.org/dev/ redirect to the base site in case there
are dangling links.

Hanno Klemm

Aug 2, 2016, 1:02:51 AM8/2/16