Is the .c file produced by cython usable in all the platforms?

Sergio Vignali

Sep 27, 2016, 7:15:29 PM9/27/16
to cython-users
Dear all,

I was wondering if the .c file produced by

cython myfile.pyx

is the same in all the platforms, or better if I produce the .c file in a Linux system, can I then compile this file in Windows to get the .pyd file?
Are there any differences in producing the .c file in windows, linux or mac?
Thank you in advance!
s.

Robert Bradshaw

Sep 27, 2016, 7:18:03 PM9/27/16
to cython...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the generated .c file is the same no matter what platform it's generated on, and that same file is suitable for compilation on Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. for either Python 2 or Python 3. Feel free to distribute it widely.