Missing --embed in the cythonize command

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot

Apr 16, 2015, 5:39:20 AM4/16/15
to cython...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The cythonize CLI tool is missing an --embed option which, much like
cython’s option of the same name, would generate a main() function, the
only difference would be that --build wouldn’t generate a shared object
but a normal executable file.

Thank you,

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot

Stefan Behnel

Apr 16, 2015, 12:21:16 PM4/16/15
to cython...@googlegroups.com
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot schrieb am 16.04.2015 um 11:38:
> The cythonize CLI tool is missing an --embed option which, much like
> cython’s option of the same name, would generate a main() function,
> the only difference would be that --build wouldn’t generate a shared
> object but a normal executable file.

Take a look at bin/cythonrun and Cython.Build.BuildExecutable. The
problem with this is that, while it works for the simple case of a single
file, it's substantially less interesting for anything "real". If
something like this was to be made more visible, I'd expect it to be a
little more versatile.

Stefan