530 Login Failed

johnnyn...@sbcglobal.net

Mar 30, 2011, 11:51:20 AM3/30/11
to Cyberduck

Hi.
Any ideas?
I have been trying for two days to login in with out avail.
First I get "unsecured ftp connection" I go with continue and login
in fails.
thanks in advance.

Keith

Mar 30, 2011, 11:57:11 AM3/30/11
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
If you are trying to login into a FTP site that uses SSL to connect
with make sure that you are using SFTP in Cyberduck.

See:
<http://www.filetransferplanet.com/ftp-guides-resources/>

--
Best Regards, Keith

David Kocher

Mar 30, 2011, 12:14:07 PM3/30/11
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
This is incorrect. SFTP is a file transfer protocol on top of SSH [1].

[1] http://trac.cyberduck.ch/wiki/help/en/howto/sftp

FTP with SSL is traditional FTP secured with transport layer security (TLS/SSL) similar to HTTPS (HTTP with SSL transport layer).

When Cyberduck connects to a FTP site and detects TLS capability to secure the connection, it prompts to switch the protocol from plain FTP to a secured FTP connection with TLS [2].

[2] http://trac.cyberduck.ch/wiki/help/en/howto/ftp#Switchtosecureconnection

-
David

David Kocher

Mar 30, 2011, 12:17:30 PM3/30/11
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
Contact your hosting service provider for your account details.

-
David

johnnyn...@sbcglobal.net

Apr 1, 2011, 3:54:46 PM4/1/11
to Cyberduck
Thank you.
I am to say the least way over my head here.
Would you please explain to me like I
am a dummy what I should do?
I have been with cyberduck for years uploading to my site.
Login just recently failed for days now.
thank-you ,
Johnny
www.NicoloroPhotography.com

On Mar 30, 9:17 am, David Kocher <dkoc...@cyberduck.ch> wrote:
> Contact your hosting service provider for your account details.
>
> -
> David
>
> On 30.03.2011, at 17:51, johnnynicol...@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>

> > Hi.
> > Any ideas?
> > I have been trying for two days to login in with out avail.
> > First I get  "unsecured ftp connection" I go with continue and login
> > in fails.
> > thanks in advance.

KRS

Apr 4, 2011, 9:36:01 AM4/4/11
to Cyberduck
I'm with you, Johnny. Three years without trouble on Cyberduck, but
now suddenly "530 Login Authentification Failed" a million times in a
row. Sorry, David. I'm sure there's a straightforward explanation, but
I haven't changed any settings and really don't know why I would be
having difficulties suddenly.

On Apr 1, 1:54 pm, "johnnynicol...@sbcglobal.net"

Johnny Nicoloro

Apr 4, 2011, 9:39:41 AM4/4/11
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
It turned out for me that my host
Dot easy changed my user ID with out notifying me

Sent from my iPhone