Bike Touring Happy Hour

freestyl...@gmail.com

May 20, 2013, 1:15:28 AM5/20/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
Hellooooo bike campers!  Is anyone interested in a bike touring themed happy hour this Friday or next?  We can talk about the best tours we've been on and share suggestions for future tours.  I suppose that is kind of what this google group already does.  But it's much more fun in person over a beer!  I would love to see the people I met last year on the Cycle Wild annual trip, as well as meet others who share a love of bike touring.

Chelsea

Kirk Paulsen

May 20, 2013, 12:26:58 PM5/20/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
Sounds fun...I could probably make it to either Friday's happy hour...

-Kirk

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM, <freestyl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hellooooo bike campers!  Is anyone interested in a bike touring themed happy hour this Friday or next?  We can talk about the best tours we've been on and share suggestions for future tours.  I suppose that is kind of what this google group already does.  But it's much more fun in person over a beer!  I would love to see the people I met last year on the Cycle Wild annual trip, as well as meet others who share a love of bike touring.

Chelsea

Erinne Goodell

May 20, 2013, 2:52:45 PM5/20/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
Either Friday would work for me, too! Once we decide, I can post this to the CW FB, too. :)

Peace, Erinne

Tomas Quinones

May 20, 2013, 3:54:09 PM5/20/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
We are scheduling a bike touring Happy Hour at Velo Cult on June 6th at 5pm followed by a presentation by a doctor that is touring around the world.

Other touring related happy hours are always welcome and awesome.

Tomas Quinones
Freelance Illustrator

freestyl...@gmail.com

May 20, 2013, 7:59:55 PM5/20/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
Ok, let's make it this Friday so as not to be too close to the June 6th event.  Any ideas on where to meet?  We could do Velo Cult, or choose a different location to mix it up.  What are y'alls favorite bars?

Kirk Paulsen

May 20, 2013, 8:31:16 PM5/20/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
I could just as easily go with mixing it up as much as I could go with Velo Cult.....it always feels right drinking a beer there :)

Todd Boulanger

May 20, 2013, 10:35:33 PM5/20/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
You all are always welcome at Niche Wine in downtown Vancouver (1013 Main St). ;-)

A 15 minute ride north of the Expo MAX...

May 21, 2013, 3:08:18 PM5/21/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
There's some kind of album release party going on this Friday at Velo Cult.

Tomas Quinones
Freelance Illustrator

Kirk Paulsen

May 21, 2013, 4:28:23 PM5/21/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com

What time?

Andrew Kreps

May 21, 2013, 5:35:00 PM5/21/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com

freestyl...@gmail.com

May 22, 2013, 1:35:42 AM5/22/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
How about 5pm to 8pm?  Most happy hours go from 4-7.
Two places I can think of are Produce Row if we wanted somewhere classy, or My Father's Place if we wanted a dive bar.
Both are near Grande & Stark, which is hopefully central enough to be convenience for people coming from different quads.
I'm impartial as to the bar, as long as seating is comfortable and it isn't too loud for discussion.

Shawn Granton

May 22, 2013, 4:47:43 PM5/22/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
I think that Produce Row would work, esp. the outdoor seating. One thing to keep in mind is that it would be busy on a Friday night, so someone should get there early and maybe get a headcount of who's going so we'd know how much space to get?
-Shawn

freestyl...@gmail.com

May 22, 2013, 6:01:28 PM5/22/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
5pm this Friday @ Produce Row it is.
Since I'm initiating this thing, I'll volunteer to get there early and nab a table.  Hot toddies here I come!

Erinne Goodell

May 22, 2013, 6:37:00 PM5/22/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
Do you want to post it to the Shift list? It might get some more interest there. I will post on FB for you.

Peace, Erinne

Shawn Granton

May 23, 2013, 5:38:48 PM5/23/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
What Erinne said. It should get more exposure over there. And you should do it tonight! (Post to the Shift list, that is.)
-Shawn

Tomas Quinones

May 23, 2013, 10:57:07 PM5/23/13
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com