Island bike camping in Cascade Locks! May 3-4

Erinne Goodell

Apr 8, 2014, 3:29:02 PM4/8/14
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
NEW, FABULOUS, HOPALICIOUS, ISLAND BIKE CAMPING WEEKEND!

Come join Cycle Wild May 3rd & 4th for a brand new bike camping adventure out to Cascade Locks. Why is it new you ask???

#1: Newly completed Historic Columbia River Highway bike path from Troutdale to Cascade Locks makes for an amazing day of biking. This is an intermediate level trip involving hills and a crazy set of stairs. This ~50 mile bike ride will be one to remember.

#2: Bike beside Gorge highlights that include; Women's Forum, Crown Point Vista House, Multnomah Falls, Cascade Fish Hatchery, and Bonneville HOT Dam!

#3: Camping on Thunder Island in Cascade Locks ($10/per tent, payable the day of--bring extra cash for firewood!). Special permission has been granted to Cycle Wild to allow us to camp on the island for the weekend. Located 1 block off of the main street and under the shadow of Bridge of the Gods. How rad is that!?

#4: Located just 70 yards from our camping on Thunder Island is the newly opened Thunder Island Brewery. Owners Dan and Dave have been notified that we will be visiting Cascade Locks for the weekend and are excited to welcome us.

#5: Fabulous dining opportunities in the town of Cascade Locks and ICE CREAM! Sam Hill's Den, Char Burger, Cascade Inn, Cascade Locks Ale House and East Wind Drive-In (ice cream spot). But don't worry, you can still bring your camp stove and prepare you food at the campground. We'll leave the eating option to you. (Remember that you are always responsible for your own food on Cycle Wild trips.)

This trip is capped at 25 people. Register online via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/island-bike-camping-at-cascade-locks-tickets-11241506649

Questions? Please contact ride leaders Paul Zavitkovski (pzavit (at) gmail (dot) com) and Lance Poehler (lancepoehler (at) gmail (dot) com).

Thanks and we hope you can join us.

--Erinne

Erinne Goodell

Apr 8, 2014, 11:01:43 PM4/8/14
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
Well that was fast. The Cascade Locks trip is already full! There is a waitlist--so get on that, and we will let you know if spots become available.

--Erinne