Milo McIver camping, April 26-27! Beginners and families welcome!

Erinne Goodell

Apr 8, 2014, 3:29:00 PM4/8/14
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com

Pack your bags, pack your family, and join Cycle Wild for our first camping trip of the year!

There are perhaps easier bike camping trips in the Metro area, but Milo McIver State Park is certainly beginner friendly. If you ride a bike with some regularity this should be do-able. If you're a seasoned bike camper, you're welcome too, but this trip is ideal for beginners and families.

Milo McIver is located on the Clackamas River by lovely Estacada, Oregon. The park has miles of hiking paths, swimming in the Clackamas (bring your swimsuit!), and a couple of awesome disc golf courses.

We've reserved the group campsite at Milo McIver, so there should be plenty of room to spread out. We are requiring pre-registration via Eventbrite. We will collect $6 per person at registration (+$1.14 in Eventbrite processing fees). If it turns out that there's a surplus (after the site and firewood are paid for) it can either be refunded or put into the Cycle Wild Reservation Fund.

There will be a communal campfire, but you are responsible for your own food, cooking, and camping equipment. There will be a grocery stop about a mile from the campground.

To accommodate those on cargo, or otherwise oversized, bikes and for those who just might want to ride all the way, we'll have 2 meeting places, one you can pedal to, and one you can reach by transit. Register for details!

The route is about 20 miles from Gresham to the campground.

Route here: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4393818

If you have questions, please contact your fearless ride leaders, Ryan Good (goodsterman (at) yahoo (dot) com) and Andy Schmidt (54canoe (at) gmail (dot) com).

--Erinne