Cycle Wild Eastern Oregon Trip: A spot has opened up

1 view

Shawn Granton

Aug 23, 2015, 1:30:54 PM8/23/15
to cwdisc...@googlegroups.com
Hello there!

Cycle Wild's annual week-long tour is coming up. This year it's an eight-plus day exploration of Eastern Oregon from Prineville to Baker City. There is only space for nine folks on this tour, and due to a cancellation, we've had a spot open up. Full details here:

To get an idea of the planned routing (which is not 100% certain), check out here:
and filter by "CW EOR"

A few things to note:
  • We'll be departing from the Hollywood District around 8:30 am on Friday September 11th, then getting picked up from Baker City on the morning of Saturday September 19th. (We'll be using a shuttle service)
  • This is an advanced/extreme ride, so riders should be experience with mountain climbing, some gravel, and a lack of services. You should be able to take extra food and water, and bikes should be in tip-top shape.
  • We'll be having a pre-ride meeting at Velo Cult on Wed Sept 2 at 6 pm. Participation in this meeting is required to do the trip.
  • Yes, we are aware of all the fires in Eastern Oregon and are watching the situation. We are prepared to make detours if need be.
  • Total estimated costs are looking like $100 for transportation, $50 for lodging (pretty much camping the whole time) plus food.
If you have any questions, please ask. And if you are interested on going on the trip, let me know ASAP.

yours,
Shawn

No one actually looks at email signatures anymore, but here goes nothing: