L1RegLs

Enrique G. Ortiz

Jul 29, 2015, 10:51:25 AM7/29/15
to CVXOPT
Hello,

I am having difficulty running the l1regls.py script. When I try the example:

from l1regls import l1regls_mosek
from cvxopt import normal

m, n = 50, 200
A, b = normal(m,n), normal(m,1)
x = l1regls_mosek(A,b)

I get an error that the env variable does not exist. So, I tried the adding:

task = env.Task(0,0)

However, I get a new error "AttributeError: Task instance has no attribute 'append'". I need the added speed of using MOSEK, so any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

Jul 29, 2015, 12:22:28 PM7/29/15
to CVXOPT, ort...@gmail.com, ort...@gmail.com
Unfortunately the code is not up-to-date. The MOSEK API changed in version 7 which is probably why the code doesn't run. Can you try with the attached revision of the l1regls.py file?

Martin
l1regls.py

Enrique G. Ortiz

Jul 29, 2015, 3:30:57 PM7/29/15
to CVXOPT, martin.skovg...@gmail.com
Thanks, Martin. This worked perfectly.

Martin

Jul 30, 2015, 3:10:19 AM7/30/15
to CVXOPT, ort...@gmail.com, ort...@gmail.com
Great, thanks for bringing this to our attention. The revised script is now available on the CVXOPT website.