Need a 64-bit Windows version, but building gives errors

Felix von Drigalski

Feb 7, 2014, 7:20:53 AM2/7/14
to cvx...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've gotten all the way down to the 3rd-to-last step of these installation instructions: http://abel.ee.ucla.edu/cvxopt/install/index.html

When I enter "python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32", the blas/lapack libraries are found, but something else obviously isn't:

http://imgur.com/FKOUAXX

This is a reasonably fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit and Python 2.7. Can anyone give pointers to what could possibly be the reason for this? I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks in advance

Felix von Drigalski

Feb 11, 2014, 7:47:07 PM2/11/14
to cvx...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't solve this. However, I found out that WinPython had cvxopt bundled in version 2.7.2, so I installed the 64-bit version of that, so I'm alright for now.