Parallel use of CVXOPT

Josh Burkart

Feb 17, 2014, 5:41:06 PM2/17/14
to cvx...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to use CVXOPT in parallel (using e.g. the Python multiprocessing package)? In my attempts to do so I Python always crashes the moment I call any CVXOPT optimizer in a parallelized for loop. I'd be happy to provide an example if desired.

Martin

Feb 20, 2014, 5:23:28 PM2/20/14
to cvx...@googlegroups.com
What platform are you using? I'd be happy to look into it if you provide a small example.

Josh Burkart

Feb 21, 2014, 8:10:58 PM2/21/14
to cvx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much! I am using Mac OSX Mavericks. Attached is a simple Python program that brings about the crash. Running it on Linux works fine though! So I'm guessing it has to do with Apple's implementation of LAPACK/BLAS...

Josh Burkart
cvxopt_crash.py

Josh Burkart

Feb 21, 2014, 9:05:25 PM2/21/14
to cvx...@googlegroups.com
Ahh. Nevermind. It is a numpy problem; has nothing to do with CVXOPT as far as I can tell.

Sorry for the trouble!

Josh