import error

Ralph Yuan

Oct 5, 2015, 10:56:14 PM10/5/15
to CVXOPT
Hi,

I update my mac ox to el capitan yesterday after its release. I immediately get problem using cvxopt ever since (everything was working fine before this os upgrade). I saw the following error when I "import cvxopt". This problem continue to exists after I reinstall anaconda and cvxopt. Does anyone know the reason for this error?

Thanks a lot,
Ralph

NameError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-4-14abf1b564a4> in <module>()
----> 1 import cvxopt

/Applications/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cvxopt/__init__.pyc in <module>()
    240         return +reduce(base.ediv, args)
    241
--> 242 base.normal, base.uniform = normal, uniform
    243 base.setseed, base.getseed = setseed, getseed
    244 base.mul, base.div = mul, div

NameError: name 'base' is not defined

Martin

Oct 6, 2015, 1:04:01 AM10/6/15
to CVXOPT
This could be an anaconda issue since CVXOPT works with the built-in python in El Capitan.