Find interior point in a convex polygon with min 'z' with CVXOPT

Jayanth Mondi

Mar 27, 2018, 2:20:01 AM3/27/18
to CVXOPT
HI all,

Can I solve the problem of finding a point in the convex polygon with a minimum value of objective function?

I have the information of the various vertices (n-dimensional) of the convex polygon created by projecting onto a chosen 2D plane.

Thanks,
Jayanth

Martin

Apr 2, 2018, 2:39:42 PM4/2/18
to CVXOPT
Yes, if the objective function is convex. You can represent the feasible set as a convex combination of the vertices, i.e., if V is a matrix where each column corresponds to a vertex, then your problem can be expressed as follows:

   minimize f(x)
   subject to  x = V*y,  sum(y) == 1,  y>=0