Bug in msk.py

smfi...@ualberta.ca

Nov 9, 2017, 12:10:15 AM11/9/17
to CVXOPT
Hi all,

I do not know whether CVXOPT is still maintained. If it is, the developers may want to consider this potential bug that I found in msk.py of CVXOPT version 1.1.9, line 171:

x, z = n*[ 0.0 ], n*[ 0.0 ]

Instead it should read

x, z = n*[ 0.0 ], m*[ 0.0 ]

because x is the solution to the primal (which has dimension n) and z is the solution to the dual (which has dimension m). The error leads to an exception

ValueError: Array argument values has wrong length

in

task.getsolutionslice(mosek.soltype.bas, mosek.solitem.suc, 0, m, z)

a few lines below. Applying my suggested change makes the program run without problems.

I did not find a bug tracker and hope that this is the right place to post my observation.

Thanks for providing CVXOPT!

Sam

Martin

Nov 9, 2017, 3:50:52 AM11/9/17
to CVXOPT
Thanks for pointing this out. CVXOPT is still being maintained, and we fixed the issue a while back; the fix is in the master branch on github, and it will be part of the next release.