Cursive and IntelliJ versions (again)

Colin Fleming

Oct 4, 2019, 6:09:35 AM10/4/19
to Cursive Group
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd send a new email rather than tacking on to the previous chain, since that contains a lot of information that's now out of date.

The tl;dr is that the old deps integration, which is used in stable Cursive versions, is still not working correctly due to IDEA-220192, which shows no signs of being fixed. The new deps integration which bypasses all that is now in the Cursive 1.9.0 EAP, which has been a little bumpy but is looking better as of eap3. There's one further caveat - you need to be using the latest version of 2019.2, 2019.2.3, in order to avoid IDEA-218071 which will prevent you from opening projects.

All the previous IntelliJ bugs (indexing, brace matching etc) seem to be adequately fixed in 2019.2. So, if you're not using deps you can use that, and if you are using deps and you're ok using the EAP versions you must use 2019.2.3. If you're using deps and you don't want to use the EAP versions, for now you'll need to stick to 2018.3.

2019.3 is apparently all about performance and removing sharp edges, so I for one am hoping for no major API changes and hopefully at least one release cycle of getting back to normal. My apologies to everyone for all of the messing around, it feels like one thing or another has been broken forever now but hopefully things will settle down now.

Cheers,
Colin

Steven Fines

Oct 4, 2019, 2:58:10 PM10/4/19
to cur...@googlegroups.com
It feels like the whole 2019 Intellij release series has been pretty rough - in all cases, not just for Cursive

glenn

Oct 4, 2019, 3:02:51 PM10/4/19
to cur...@googlegroups.com
I've been fortunate enough to not see any glaring bugs, and just wanted to point out you probably have many quiet, happy customers.

Thanks for your hard work and being so communicative to your users!

Glenn