Indentation & resolve settings not remembered after restart

Maarten Truyens

May 29, 2018, 4:50:26 PM5/29/18
to Cursive
Hi Colin,

My indentation & resolve settings are lost everytime I restart IntellIJ. This used to work fine in the past, I don't know where it went wrong.

I tried re-importing the project; switching between IDE <--> per project settings; invalidating caches; etc. but I am out of options.

Is there anything I could be missing here? I'm on Mac, latest Curisve EAP & IntelliJ 2018.1.4. As I'm the sole developer, I'm indifferent between the IDE / per project setting, so both would be fine...

Thanks!

Maarten

Colin Fleming

May 29, 2018, 11:28:43 PM5/29/18
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maarten,

The only thing I can think of is that you're getting an error of some kind when saving the settings. Could you reproduce the problem (i.e. add some settings and restart IntelliJ) and then send me your log file (Help->Show log in Finder). It's probably best to send it to me off-list at cur...@cursive-ide.com.

Cheers,
Colin

Colin Fleming

Jun 1, 2018, 1:06:06 AM6/1/18
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maarten,

I've been investigating this, and the code style one at least is a bug in IntelliJ 2018.1 - I've filed https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-193095. I'll look at the resolve one on Monday.

Cheers,
Colin

Maarten Truyens

Jun 1, 2018, 1:25:58 AM6/1/18
to cur...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Compton

Jun 18, 2018, 10:53:21 PM6/18/18
to cur...@googlegroups.com
It looks like this has been fixed and should be available in the next release after 2018.1.5: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-193095#comment=27-2917245.

Colin Fleming

Jun 18, 2018, 11:01:50 PM6/18/18
to cur...@googlegroups.com
I'm also planning to work around this in Cursive in the current EAP cycle. IntelliJ serializes all settings as XML, but when I was young and foolish I decided to store this data as serialised EDN inside an XML element. Rather than fighting it I'm just going to go with the flow and store the information as XML, and that should avoid future edge case bugs like this one.