Selection of matching parenthesis broken

He.Do

Jun 6, 2019, 5:43:16 AM6/6/19
to Cursive
Hey,

I have a problem with the display of matching parenthesis in cursive. I am using the latest version of intellij and cursive.

In the Attachment (Cursor.png) you can see, that the cursor is before a the ')', but selected in blue is the parenthesis after the cursor. When you press ctrl+w for selecting the expression, the '1' is selected. This is always the case: the parenthesis after the cursor is selected. There is one special case: When the cursor is at the end of the line, the parenthesis before the cursor is selected.

This was not the case in earlier versions, but I can't remember, which version broke that for me.

You can see how it should work in the examples in the cursive-guide. In https://cursive-ide.com/userguide/paredit.html you can see, that always the parenthesis before the cursor is selected with blue.

No one else having this problem? Is this a preference which can be made somewhere? It drives me crazy.

Cursor.png

Bret Young

Jun 6, 2019, 8:45:02 AM6/6/19
to Cursive
This happened to me just a few releases back, as well.

Bret

Maarten Truyens

Jun 6, 2019, 10:23:07 AM6/6/19
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bret and Helmut,

This is a known problem in the IntelliJ platform, unfortunately.

I hope this bug gets resolved soon, because once you are used to the old behaviour, this new behaviour is quite annoying.

Maarten

Colin Fleming

Jun 6, 2019, 5:09:07 PM6/6/19
to Cursive Group
Yes, I'm really hoping this gets fixed in 2019.2, or even better a 2019.1  point release - it is indeed very annoying.

Cheers,
Colin