Workbench packaged nicely for Mac OS X users

Gregory Jansen

May 8, 2013, 11:15:46 AM5/8/13
to curators-wor...@googlegroups.com
If you are a Mac user of the workbench, then you are a hardy sort of person. The Mac install has been notoriously difficult to get right, especially on machines where the new Oracle JVM coexists alongside the Apple Java 6 VM. In any case, we spend some time on this problem recently and have managed to packaged the entire workbench as a .app bundle. After you unpackage the tar.gz file, you can drop the Workbench.app into your dock as usual. This bundle includes Java, so it has everything you need.

This recent version (4.1.3) also included an auto-update feature. So you can keep your workbench up to date by selecting "Check for updates" from the Help menu.

blog post:

download here:

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and thanks,
Greg

--
Gregory Jansen
Repository Developer, UNC Chapel Hill Libraries