[Cpp] StepDefinitionRunner not found in Jenkins

Marc Schmitz

Oct 25, 2016, 9:44:55 AM10/25/16
to Cukes
Hi everyone,

I have the following problem:

I have a C++-Lib backed with a full Cucumber-suite. From the command line everything works great.
But now I want to automate the build of the library with Jenkins.

After compiling library and step definitions, I start the step definition runner with Schtasks ( <- unfortunately I am bound to Win7).
When I then start cucumber, it finds the features but not the step definition runner, which results in all steps being undefined.

Nevertheless the step definition runner, which opens when I call Schtasks works correct, becaus calling cucumber from a shell finds the open runner and executes the suite without any problem.

Has anybody encountered the same problem, yet?
Anybody using cucumber-cpp with Jenkins and could share a build recipe?

Thanks for any help!
Regards!

Paolo Ambrosio

Oct 28, 2016, 1:59:44 AM10/28/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Marc Schmitz <marcsch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have the following problem:
>
> I have a C++-Lib backed with a full Cucumber-suite. From the command line
> everything works great.
> But now I want to automate the build of the library with Jenkins.
>
> After compiling library and step definitions, I start the step definition
> runner with Schtasks ( <- unfortunately I am bound to Win7).
> When I then start cucumber, it finds the features but not the step
> definition runner, which results in all steps being undefined.
>
> Nevertheless the step definition runner, which opens when I call Schtasks
> works correct, becaus calling cucumber from a shell finds the open runner
> and executes the suite without any problem.

I understand that the launch script works on some Windows machine, but
did you try running the script on the Jenkins box with the user that
is used to run the build? (If you have privileges to do it)

I've used Jenkins for years but with JVM projects on Linux, so I'm not
sure what issues you might encounter on Windows (like firewalls,
permissions, ...).

We have a CI pipeline for Cucumber-CPP on Windows with AppVeyor, not
Jenkins, and the functional suite is like the movie Inception:

Cucumber-Ruby runs the suite and for each scenario Ruby step definitions...
- create feature files
- create and run Cucumber-CPP step definitions
- run feature files with Cucumber-Ruby
- make assertions on the output

Sorry I'm not able to help more but to me it looks like a machine
setup problem rather than the way you run it.