Cucumber parallel HELP PLEASE

duar...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2016, 4:24:43 PM10/21/16
to Cukes
Good afternoon people,

I need to get to run scenarios cucumber in parallel to reduce the execution times.
I've looked many examples on the internet but I am not able to find an example that can run, someone I can get a small project with only an example to work?

I was very grateful.

Best regards,

Paolo Ambrosio

Oct 22, 2016, 6:09:13 AM10/22/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 6:41 PM, <duar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good afternoon people,

I need to get to run scenarios cucumber in parallel to reduce the execution times.

In this statement you have identified both a problem and a solution. I'm going to try and challenge the solution.

Why are your tests taking so long (how much?) to execute? Are you exercising with Cucumber only paths interesting to business stakeholders or are you trying to achieve 100% end-to-end test coverage?

I've looked many examples on the internet but I am not able to find an example that can run, someone I can get a small project with only an example to work?

Given that you have researched the solution, I also assume you have read all the responses saying that you should fix the underlying problem instead of hacking your way with parallel execution.

What makes your case so special?

duar...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 5:03:29 AM10/24/16
to Cukes
Good Morning,
At this time the execution of all scripts is taking around 4h, my boss asked to find a solution in order to run in parallel to reduce the execution time.

I have researched on this subject but could not find a solution.

Can you help me?

Best regards,

Brian Hollister

Oct 26, 2016, 11:02:55 AM10/26/16
to Cukes
Good Morning,

Can you use Jenkins with the Parallel Test Executor plug-in?

Hope That Helps,

Brian Hollister

Taoufiq BOUKHCHA

Oct 29, 2016, 1:24:58 AM10/29/16
to Cukes

Robert

Oct 31, 2016, 3:01:33 PM10/31/16
to Cukes
Hi,

You might want to give the following Maven plugin a try

https://github.com/DisneyStudios/cucumber-slices-maven-plugin (Maven Plugin for Parallel testing of Cucumber Scenarios)

Regards,
Robert

Nagaraj G