does webdriverIO , node.js and cucumber goes together??

Vinoth Kannan

Dec 1, 2016, 10:33:53 AM12/1/16
to Cukes
Hi ,

i am using cucumber with my selenium and java and now i am planning to move to node.js
Is there any way that i can construct a framework with that combination/ any readymade framework available

Thanks in advance

Vinoth Kannan

Dec 2, 2016, 4:16:36 AM12/2/16
to Cukes
can anyone please update on this

Eduardo Riol

Dec 2, 2016, 9:13:46 AM12/2/16
to Cukes
Hi,

I'm new to Cucumber and Selenium but as far as I know, since Selenium interacts with regular HTML objects of your web app UI, it doesn't matter what platform you use to develop the app, you can still develop your executable specifications using Java.

Anyway, if you mean that you want to use Cucumber and Selenium in JavaScript, you can since there are implementations of both in this language:

Regards.

Claudiu Ionita

Dec 7, 2016, 1:54:54 AM12/7/16
to Cukes
Hi,

Yes, you can use webdriverIO, node js and cucumber - I'm using this on a project as we speak.

Have fun!
Claudiu