Piloting Discourse as a replacement for this Google Group

Matt Wynne

Sep 11, 2017, 4:46:18 AM9/11/17
to Cukes
Hi all,

With Stephen Gates's help, we now have an installation of Discourse ready to try out.

To be clear, Discourse would be a replacement for the Google Group (mailing list) but not for Slack. Slack is great for near-real-time collaboration but messages aren’t archived, or indexed on the web. Also not everyone has time to keep up with Slack discussions.

We think Discourse would be an improvement over the Google Group for various reasons - better usability, easier to create separate channels / categories for different topics, etc. But we need to test it out before we get everyone to move over.

Who'd be willing to give it a try and help us shape this new community space?

Please reply to this thread and we'll send you an invite.

cheers,
Matt

Thomas Sundberg

Sep 11, 2017, 4:49:15 AM9/11/17
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do I need an invite to take part of discussions on Discourse?
If so, please send me an invite.

Cheers,
Thomas

The Cucumber logo is the intellectual property of Cucumber Ltd, a limited company registered in Scotland, number 456793.

UK Headquarters: Cucumber Ltd, Drumsyniebeg, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow, Argyll, PA24 8AN UK.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail is confidential and privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by email immediately. Thank you. Cucumber Ltd.

---
Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
Blog: http://www.thinkcode.se/blog
Twitter: @thomassundberg

Better software through faster feedback

Matt Wynne

Sep 11, 2017, 4:58:20 AM9/11/17
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Done! Let me know if you got it OK Thomas.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cukes" group.

Krishna Gundala

Sep 11, 2017, 5:22:12 AM9/11/17
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Please consider me.. :)