Wording and clarification

Roberto Lo Giacco

Jun 20, 2016, 8:18:33 PM6/20/16
to Cukes
May I suggest we define an ubiquitous language to keep supporting Cucumber and helping people over here?

My suggestion starts from the simplest term which gets most of the misunderstanding out there: what if we stop to refer to step definitions as Test altogether? I mean, I believe we contribute to the confusion out there when we accept or reply to questions regarding tests and I believe we should always replying in the form of "ok, what you are talking about is not a test but a step definition...." and then reply... or something like that.

I mean, until we stop referring to stepdefs as tests, we don't get a change people will understand cucumber is not about testing....

Just trying to find a way out of this tunnel...

   Roberto