Problems with Selenium

Ants Pants

Jul 28, 2010, 8:14:23 AM7/28/10
to cu...@googlegroups.com
I will join/write to the selenium mailing list and pose the same question but I have to catch a flight now and so don't have time. So a quick post here.

If I start Selenium thus ..... java -jar .gem/ruby/1.8/gems/webrat-0.7.1/vendor/selenium-server.jar

and run my cukes, then everything runs and my tests pass. At the end, Selenium has been stopped.

==> Waiting for Selenium RC server on port 4444... Ready!
==> Waiting for rails application server on port 3001... Ready!
** !!! PID file /home/path/GMFT/trunk/tmp/pids/mongrel_selenium.pid already exists.  Mongrel could be running already.  Check your log/mongrel.log for errors.
** !!! Exiting with error.  You must stop mongrel and clear the .pid before I'll attempt a start.
14:02:26.932 WARN - Failed to start: SocketL...@0.0.0.0:4444
Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Selenium is already running on port 4444. Or some other service is.
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.start(SeleniumServer.java:399)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.boot(SeleniumServer.java:234)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.main(SeleniumServer.java:198)

(it then goes on to run all  tests successfully)

If I just run cukes without Selenium running, it will start it, the browser will open up but then crash. Does anyone have any pointers, please.

14:07:41.793 ERROR - Failed to start new browser session, shutdown browser and clear all session data
org.openqa.selenium.server.RemoteCommandException: timed out waiting for window 'null' to appear
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.FrameGroupCommandQueueSet.waitForLoad(FrameGroupCommandQueueSet.java:569)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.FrameGroupCommandQueueSet.waitForLoad(FrameGroupCommandQueueSet.java:526)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.BrowserSessionFactory.createNewRemoteSession(BrowserSessionFactory.java:373)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.BrowserSessionFactory.getNewBrowserSession(BrowserSessionFactory.java:124)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.BrowserSessionFactory.getNewBrowserSession(BrowserSessionFactory.java:86)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.getNewBrowserSession(SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.java:733)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.doCommand(SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.java:399)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.handleCommandRequest(SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.java:370)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.handle(SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.java:129)
    at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
    at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
    at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:909)
    at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:820)
    at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:986)
    at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:837)
    at org.openqa.jetty.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:245)
    at org.openqa.jetty.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
    at org.openqa.jetty.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
Wed Jul 28 14:07:30 +0200 2010 selenium-client received failure from selenium server:
requested:
    cmd=getNewBrowserSession
    1=*firefox
    2=http://localhost:3001
    3=
    4=

Any pointers would be great, thanks.

-Ants

grimsock

Jul 29, 2010, 9:05:54 AM7/29/10
to Cukes
read exceptions carefully:

14:02:26.932 WARN - Failed to start: SocketL...@0.0.0.0:4444
Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Selenium is already
running on port 4444. Or some other service is.

other process runs on this port, probably another instance of selenium

-grimsock