[JVM] Easiest tools to involve business users?

blahblah...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2017, 10:06:53 AM11/19/17
to Cukes
Hello all,

Long time developer and tester here looking to delve deep into Cucumber usage while helping a business group get started with it.

However: Cucumber seems very much like a developer's tool, requiring a decent text editor, JVM+Maven, and git knowledge and expertise.  This is a corporate environment where there are not many options for tools, so the more things needing installs, the less chance we'll get buy-in.

What are strategies and tools you use to involve business users/non-technical SMEs in developing requirements with Gherkin?

For instance, I was curious if FitNesse had Cucumber abilities, but their last conversation around that ended with the assumption that the user wanted to use Fit in an IDE - which is the incorrect tool for business users.

At this point I just want to help bootstrap these people into using Gherkin now, so they start writing requirements in it.  So even if there was just a language validator/highlighter tool it would be a big help to keep them on the correct format.  Maybe through Groovy?  Or is there a simpler UI for .NET?

Thanks!

80Vikram

Nov 21, 2017, 8:45:40 AM11/21/17
to Cukes
Hi,

I would suggest to use https://hiptest.net/

1. This takes away need of maintaining test cases in separate tool

2. Team can collaborate on user stories with lots of flexibility

You should definitely give it a try for couple of releases

Regards,
Vikram

Marit van Dijk

Dec 1, 2017, 3:31:26 PM12/1/17