Custom filters on cucumber-jvm

ampie....@gmail.com

May 13, 2017, 5:48:56 AM5/13/17
to Cukes
Hi

We have a need for fairly complex filtering of scenarios that are not supported by the standard Gherkin filters (TagFilter, LineFilter & PatternFilter). From what I understand, Cucumber for Ruby supports custom filters, and it would be great to have something similar for Java. While investigating what it would take to implement custom filters, I noticed some relevant new features in the pipeline such as Tag Expressions and  Pickle Filters. Mention was also made of a FilterChain. I have also noticed here that the old FilterFormatter from Gherkin will become obsolete in cucumber-jvm 2. At this point, it is not entirely clear for me whether cucumber-jvm 2 will support custom filters. If not, and if it is deemed a reasonable requirement, I have some time available now to implement a pull request implementing custom filters. But some guidance would be much appreciated

Ampie