[JVM] How to generate report for each Scenario ?

Sreedhar Mallipeddi

Apr 30, 2015, 12:37:21 PM4/30/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Need to create a new report for each of the scenario using the before and after; can we leverage any of existing API?

Aslak Hellesøy

Apr 30, 2015, 12:57:26 PM4/30/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, 30 April 2015 at 17:12, Sreedhar Mallipeddi wrote:

Need to create a new report for each of the scenario using the before and after; can we leverage any of existing API?

Why do you need that isn't already supported by the many built-in formatters?

--
---

Sreedhar Mallipeddi

Apr 30, 2015, 1:12:52 PM4/30/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
We have integration with Test management tools with one to one relation and to upload the report for each scenario need this ability.

Can you point to how to use Formatters in before and after?

aslak hellesoy

Apr 30, 2015, 3:34:11 PM4/30/15
to Cucumber Users
Please respect the posting rules:  http://cukes.info/posting-rules.html

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Sreedhar Mallipeddi <sreedh...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have integration with Test management tools with one to one relation and to upload the report for each scenario need this ability.

Can you point to how to use Formatters in before and after?

Before and After hooks are for setup and teardown, like starting/stopping a browser, inserting test data, clearing state from previous scenarios etc. They are not for reporting (except for embedding images via Scenario.embed).

If you want custom reporters you should implement your own class that implements gherkin.formatter.Reporter and/or gherkin.formatter.Formatter. You can activate it with --plugin foo.bar.YourClass.

Aslak