how to suppress feature file line reference in cucumber output

Sean Wolfe

Apr 27, 2015, 5:07:08 PM4/27/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Currently my cucumber tests give output like this:

    When I log into the Automation test webapp # features/step_definitions/payment_steps.rb:13
And I foo # features/step_definitions/payment_steps.rb:20
And I bar # features/step_definitions/payment_steps.rb:32

I'd like to get rid of the feature file reference so it's only:

When I log into the Automation test webapp
And I foo
And I bar

This will make things much cleaner when we run in CI.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

aslak hellesoy

Apr 27, 2015, 5:12:13 PM4/27/15
to Cucumber Users
`cucumber --no-source`

See `cucumber --help` for more.

Aslak

Any thoughts? Thanks!

---

Sean Wolfe

Apr 27, 2015, 7:19:18 PM4/27/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Sweet - thanks.

Andrew Premdas

Apr 27, 2015, 9:54:23 PM4/27/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
What about when something breaks, the location of the thing that has broken is really useful then.

---

------------------------
Andrew Premdas

Aslak Hellesøy

Apr 28, 2015, 1:02:17 AM4/28/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 02:54, Andrew Premdas wrote:

On 27 April 2015 at 22:05, Sean Wolfe <swo...@kabaminc.com> wrote:
Currently my cucumber tests give output like this:

    When I log into the Automation test webapp # features/step_definitions/payment_steps.rb:13
And I foo # features/step_definitions/payment_steps.rb:20
And I bar # features/step_definitions/payment_steps.rb:32

I'd like to get rid of the feature file reference so it's only:

When I log into the Automation test webapp
And I foo
And I bar

This will make things much cleaner when we run in CI.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

What about when something breaks, the location of the thing that has broken is really useful then.

You still have the stack trace Andrew