[Ruby] How to setup a minimal Cucumber + Capybara projet?

tuxayo

Feb 8, 2016, 7:17:54 PM2/8/16
to Cukes
Hi,

I would like to build a test suite for some self hosted services that I have.

After looking at some existing projects (which use Rails so I'm not sure what to keep and remove), here is would be the file structure:

project_root/:
    - features/:
        - step_definitions/:
            - email_steps.rb
            - home_page_steps.rb
            - ownCloud_steps.rb
        - email.feature
        - env.rb # capybara + poltergeist + rspec loading code
        - home_page.feature
        - ownCloud.feature
    - Gemfile

- Gemfile.lock

  • Would this work?
  • Is there something that could be removed?
  • Is there a more simple/clean/conventional structure?
  • Is there a way to put the content of features/ at the root?
    • would this be a good idea?
  • Should I put env.rb in it's own folder?

Cheers,

--
tuxayo