Cucumber syntax highlighting for jEdit (jEdit Mode)

Rha7dotCom

Sep 24, 2009, 6:06:05 PM9/24/09
to Cukes
Cucumber syntax highlighting for jEdit

A .xml mode file to be added to jEdit to get nice TextMate-like syntax
highlighing for .feature files in jEdit (which is a portable text
editor, very powerful).

Instructions on install and download at:

http://redshades.rha7.com/post/196080000/jedit-cucumber-mode

aslak hellesoy

Sep 24, 2009, 7:07:49 PM9/24/09
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Rha7dotCom <rha7.com@gmail.com> wrote:

Cucumber syntax highlighting for jEdit

A .xml mode file to be added to jEdit to get nice TextMate-like syntax
highlighing for .feature files in jEdit (which is a portable text
editor, very powerful).

Great! Please update the Related Tools Wiki page. A screenshot in your blog would be nice :-)

Aslak

Rha7dotCom

Sep 24, 2009, 7:35:30 PM9/24/09
to Cukes
A screenshot was added to the post and the Related Tools page was
updated.

Hope it's useful out there.

Thanks!

Gabriel Medina
Rha7

aslak hellesoy

Sep 24, 2009, 7:38:29 PM9/24/09
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Rha7dotCom <rha7.com@gmail.com> wrote:

A screenshot was added to the post and the Related Tools page was
updated.

Very neat. I'm impressed how little code was needed for that. Tips for improvement:

* Generate highlighting for all of Cucumber's i18n languages
* Not sure about highlighting "should" - it's not part of the Gherking language. I would remove it.

Cheers,
Aslak

gra

Aug 17, 2012, 8:13:52 PM8/17/12
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, September 25, 2009 12:38:29 AM UTC+1, Aslak Hellesøy wrote:
* Generate highlighting for all of Cucumber's i18n languages
* Not sure about highlighting "should" - it's not part of the Gherking language. I would remove it.

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Rha7dotCom <rha7....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Cucumber syntax highlighting for jEdit
>
> > A .xml mode file to be added to jEdit to get nice TextMate-like syntax
> > highlighing for .feature files in jEdit (which is a portable text
> > editor, very powerful).
>
> > Instructions on install and download at:
>
> >http://redshades.rha7.com/post/196080000/jedit-cucumber-mode

 Starting from this original work, I've created a github repo which attempts to do language highlighting while not having to repeat the XML rules all the time.  The wiki has been updated.

Cheers,
Gra.