[Documentation] Cucumber documentation kick-off discussion

Julien Biezemans

Jul 8, 2016, 6:15:28 AM7/8/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We would like to organise a video call with everyone interested in contributing to the documentation consolidation effort. We'll discuss the objectives, the different things that should be done, how everyone can contribute, etc.

I've set up a Doodle to decide on a time slot for this call. If you're interested, please fill in your availabilities: http://doodle.com/poll/mpxvvifr2iqmhfkd

Cheers,

--
Julien.

Founder, Cucumber Ltd.
Skype: jbpros
Google Hangouts: j...@jbpros.com

The Cucumber logo is the intellectual property of Cucumber Ltd, a limited company registered in Scotland, number 456793.

UK Headquarters: Cucumber Ltd, Drumsyniebeg, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow, Argyll, PA24 8AN UK.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail is confidential and privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by email immediately. Thank you. Cucumber Ltd.

Thomas Sundberg

Jul 8, 2016, 6:30:50 AM7/8/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On 8 July 2016 at 12:14, Julien Biezemans <jul...@cucumber.io> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We would like to organise a video call with everyone interested in contributing to the documentation consolidation effort. We'll discuss the objectives, the different things that should be done, how everyone can contribute, etc.
>
> I've set up a Doodle to decide on a time slot for this call. If you're interested, please fill in your availabilities: http://doodle.com/poll/mpxvvifr2iqmhfkd

What timezone are the times stated in? CET?

Cheers,
Thomas

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Julien.
>
> Founder, Cucumber Ltd.
> https://cucumber.io
> Skype: jbpros
> Google Hangouts: j...@jbpros.com
>

> The Cucumber logo is the intellectual property of Cucumber Ltd, a limited company registered in Scotland, number 456793.
>

> UK Headquarters: Cucumber Ltd, Drumsyniebeg, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow, Argyll, PA24 8AN UK.
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail is confidential and privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by email immediately. Thank you. Cucumber Ltd.
>
> --
> Posting rules: http://cukes.info/posting-rules.html
> ---

Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
Blog: http://thomassundberg.wordpress.com/
Twitter: @thomassundberg

Better software through faster feedback

Interested in a BDD Kickstart in Stockholm?
https://cucumber.io/events/bdd-kickstart-stockholm-16

Krishna Gundala

Jul 8, 2016, 6:36:36 AM7/8/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Thomas Sundberg <t...@kth.se> wrote:
Hi!

On 8 July 2016 at 12:14, Julien Biezemans <jul...@cucumber.io> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We would like to organise a video call with everyone interested in contributing to the documentation consolidation effort. We'll discuss the objectives, the different things that should be done, how everyone can contribute, etc.
>
> I've set up a Doodle to decide on a time slot for this call. If you're interested, please fill in your availabilities: http://doodle.com/poll/mpxvvifr2iqmhfkd

What timezone are the times stated in? CET?

 Its in BST timezone [small letters on the right-hand side of the page ]

Thanks,
Krishna

Julien Biezemans

Jul 8, 2016, 6:37:47 AM7/8/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Thomas Sundberg <t...@kth.se> wrote:
Hi!

On 8 July 2016 at 12:14, Julien Biezemans <jul...@cucumber.io> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We would like to organise a video call with everyone interested in contributing to the documentation consolidation effort. We'll discuss the objectives, the different things that should be done, how everyone can contribute, etc.
>
> I've set up a Doodle to decide on a time slot for this call. If you're interested, please fill in your availabilities: http://doodle.com/poll/mpxvvifr2iqmhfkd

What timezone are the times stated in? CET?

The timezone was set to BST (London) on Doodle but you can conveniently select your timezone to display the time slots.

When I go to the poll in incognito mode, there's a huge tooltip asking me to change the timezone. Don't you see that?

Thomas Sundberg

Jul 8, 2016, 7:04:29 AM7/8/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On 8 July 2016 at 12:37, Julien Biezemans <j...@jbpros.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Thomas Sundberg <t...@kth.se> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>

>> On 8 July 2016 at 12:14, Julien Biezemans <jul...@cucumber.io> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > We would like to organise a video call with everyone interested in
>> > contributing to the documentation consolidation effort. We'll discuss the
>> > objectives, the different things that should be done, how everyone can
>> > contribute, etc.
>> >
>> > I've set up a Doodle to decide on a time slot for this call. If you're
>> > interested, please fill in your availabilities:
>> > http://doodle.com/poll/mpxvvifr2iqmhfkd
>> >

>> What timezone are the times stated in? CET?
>

> The timezone was set to BST (London) on Doodle but you can conveniently
> select your timezone to display the time slots.
>
> When I go to the poll in incognito mode, there's a huge tooltip asking me to
> change the timezone. Don't you see that?

I saw it now, not the first time I looked.

Thomas Sundberg

Jul 17, 2016, 1:57:17 PM7/17/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On 8 July 2016 at 12:14, Julien Biezemans <jul...@cucumber.io> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We would like to organise a video call with everyone interested in contributing to the documentation consolidation effort. We'll discuss the objectives, the different things that should be done, how everyone can contribute, etc.
>
> I've set up a Doodle to decide on a time slot for this call. If you're interested, please fill in your availabilities: http://doodle.com/poll/mpxvvifr2iqmhfkd

One point to talk about could be, how do you review your edits before
you do a commit and pull request? That is, how does the tool chain
work and how can I run it local before sharing with the rest of the
world?

This may be a bit off topic and could perhaps be solved with a some
detailed documentation in contributing.md.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
Blog: http://www.thinkcode.se/blog

aslak hellesoy

Jul 17, 2016, 2:52:29 PM7/17/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, 17 July 2016, Thomas Sundberg <t...@kth.se> wrote:
Hi!

On 8 July 2016 at 12:14, Julien Biezemans <jul...@cucumber.io> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We would like to organise a video call with everyone interested in contributing to the documentation consolidation effort. We'll discuss the objectives, the different things that should be done, how everyone can contribute, etc.
>
> I've set up a Doodle to decide on a time slot for this call. If you're interested, please fill in your availabilities: http://doodle.com/poll/mpxvvifr2iqmhfkd

One point to talk about could be, how do you review your edits before
you do a commit and pull request? That is, how does the tool chain
work and how can I run it local before sharing with the rest of the
world?

I recommebd reading through that before joining the call.

Aslak
This may be a bit off topic and could perhaps be solved with a some
detailed documentation in contributing.md.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
Blog: http://www.thinkcode.se/blog
Twitter: @thomassundberg

Better software through faster feedback

Interested in a BDD Kickstart in Stockholm?
https://cucumber.io/events/bdd-kickstart-stockholm-16

Krishna Gundala

Jul 17, 2016, 10:47:39 PM7/17/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Do we have any conference link to join the call ??

Eric Kessler

Jul 18, 2016, 10:02:45 AM7/18/16
to Cukes
Has a time been set yet? I see lots of people saying yes/no to time slots but I don't see anything on that poll that indicates that one of those slots has been chosen as the final call time.

Eric K

Julien Biezemans

Jul 18, 2016, 4:38:37 PM7/18/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for taking the time to put your availabilities in the poll.

The conference call will held be on the 28th July at 1pm BST (London time).

Here is the Google event page for it: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cphcnptj348f160p7to04987iis. You'll find a ling to the Google Hangouts confcall on that page.

We're looking forward to it!