[ANN] New release of Natural Eclipse plugin (0.7.6)

Roberto Lo Giacco

May 10, 2015, 5:56:09 AM5/10/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
To anybody who might be interested, I've just released a new version of Natural, the Eclipse plugin which provides a Gherkin editor. This release is aimed at improving performance on large projects and it should provide about 400% speed increase in step to stepdef matching.

I'm in need of help in order to bring the plugin forward and implement the accepted feature requests. Looking for contributions on creating a test suite and on development, so do not hesitate to jump in if you are interested.
If you believe you haven't the time or skill set to contribute, but you still wish to lend an hand, the project now accepts bounties directly onto the open issues on github.

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Thanks,
   Roberto

Tim Walker

May 10, 2015, 10:15:10 AM5/10/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! Thank you Roberto! I'll upgrade and take it for a spin!

Tim

Thanks,
   Roberto

---

Roberto Lo Giacco

May 15, 2015, 11:41:18 AM5/15/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! Thank you Roberto! I'll upgrade and take it for a spin!

Tim

Hi Tim, do you have any feedback on the latest release?

Anybody else did gave it a try?

Thanks to anybody for any feedback you wish to share.

Roberto

Tim Walker

May 15, 2015, 12:50:04 PM5/15/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Roberto Lo Giacco <rlog...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sweet! Thank you Roberto! I'll upgrade and take it for a spin!

Tim

Hi Tim, do you have any feedback on the latest release?

[Tim] Hoping to get a chance this weekend! Thank you! Anything useful to know about upgrading the plugin is appreciated. Thank you, Tim

Roberto Lo Giacco

May 15, 2015, 6:40:16 PM5/15/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Tim Walker <walk...@gmail.com> wrote:

[Tim] Hoping to get a chance this weekend! Thank you! Anything useful to know about upgrading the plugin is appreciated. Thank you, Tim

It should be a 9 steps, quite complex procedure:
  1. Select the Check software updates menu entry in Eclipse
  2. Wait for updates check
  3. Select the Natural plugin
  4. More wait to verify dependencies
  5. Confirm the download
  6. Some more wait to download the packages
  7. Restart Eclipse
  8. Enjoy the latest release
  9. Additional enjoy due to the speed increase (hopefully)

:-D

Tim Walker

May 23, 2015, 1:14:43 PM5/23/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the instructions. These worked great once I figured out the repository path. It was all on your guthub site but I must have installed an earlier version from a local zip. This is looking very nice Roberto! It's zippy and I haven't found anything not to like. If others are coming this way, I found these two pages particularly useful.

Great job!

Thank you,

Tim

Roberto Lo Giacco

May 23, 2015, 1:20:31 PM5/23/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
You are welcome Tim and please, help me bring other developers to this project: I need help to implement the requested features ;-)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cukes" group.

Rafael

May 25, 2015, 5:49:09 PM5/25/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Roberto Lo Giacco,

Download http://rlogiacco.github.io/Natural/ and file org.agileware.natural.cucumber.feature - 0.7.6.201505100000

404

File not found

The site configured at this address does not contain the requested file.

Roberto Lo Giacco

May 26, 2015, 2:27:02 AM5/26/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Tim, have you installed through the update site? If so I'm wondering how one was successfull while the other got the 404...

Rafael, can you try again later on? Just as a double confirmation it wasn't a temporary issue with github...

Rafael

May 26, 2015, 10:32:27 AM5/26/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Error 404 today in the morning.

Tim Walker

May 26, 2015, 10:45:04 AM5/26/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Tim Walker

May 26, 2015, 10:46:26 AM5/26/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Roberto Lo Giacco <rlog...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tim, have you installed through the update site? If so I'm wondering how one was successfull while the other got the 404...

[Tim] Yes, it worked fine for me. Are you specifying the tailing / in the URL? Thanks, Tim

Roberto Lo Giacco

May 27, 2015, 4:10:48 AM5/27/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Il giorno martedì 26 maggio 2015 16:46:26 UTC+2, Halfordian Golfer ha scritto:

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Roberto Lo Giacco <rlog...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tim, have you installed through the update site? If so I'm wondering how one was successfull while the other got the 404...

[Tim] Yes, it worked fine for me. Are you specifying the tailing / in the URL? Thanks, Tim

Rafael, can you double check the URL is correct?

Rafael

May 27, 2015, 8:27:53 AM5/27/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Roberto Lo Giacco,

Same error, the previous version I can download or update for eclipse.

404

File not found

The site configured at this address does not contain the requested file.

If this is your site, make sure that the filename case matches the URL.
For root URLs (like http://example.com/) you must provide an index.html file.

Read the full documentation for more information about using GitHub Pages.

You can make a new version?

Roberto Lo Giacco

May 27, 2015, 8:40:26 AM5/27/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
I guess I understand what is your problem: you are trying to open the update website URL via a web browser. This is not allowed, the update site is not a web site per se.

To install or update the plugin you need to add an update site within Eclipse, like described in the installation guide. If you wish to download the plugins for offline installation you can do so from the releases page, but I discourage that as you'll have to resolve the dependencies manually.

Please refer to the plugin wiki available at https://github.com/rlogiacco/Natural/wiki for instructions: contributions in order to improve and clarify are obviously welcome.

Regards,
   Roberto

--
Message has been deleted

Rafael

May 27, 2015, 5:28:38 PM5/27/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

I used the previous version, stopped wearing because of the slowness to open resources, instanlando inside of eclipse on install new software and passing the url, and simply does not bring the version 0.76 0.75 list.

Roberto Lo Giacco

Jun 8, 2015, 6:07:39 AM6/8/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Il giorno mercoledì 27 maggio 2015 23:28:38 UTC+2, Rafael ha scritto:

I used the previous version, stopped wearing because of the slowness to open resources, instanlando inside of eclipse on install new software and passing the url, and simply does not bring the version 0.76 0.75 list.

After many tentatives I believe I've finally fixed the issue: you were totally correct saying the issue was on my side and I wish to thank you very much in pushing me in that direction. Now you should be able to see the 0.7.6 version listed, in case it's not shown immediately please try refreshing the update site from Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites, select the Natural Plugin update site and click on the Reload button on the right. After this try performing the update and let me know if the latest version is still non visibile: I've had a few friends testing the update process and they were all happy, even if they weren't able to say if the speed increase was noticeable.

I'm eager to get your feedback and thanks again!

Roberto

Jonathan Aubuchon

Jun 15, 2015, 3:04:59 PM6/15/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com