[JVM]Would you like an almost free copy of The Cucumber for Java Book?

Seb Rose

Jan 13, 2015, 10:53:51 AM1/13/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Would you be interested in taking a look at The Cucumber for Java Book? In return would you be prepared to post a short review on Amazon and/or Barnes & Noble?

If the answer to both those question is "Yes!", then please ***send me an email*** and I'll arrange for the Pragmatic Press pixies to send you a free copy of the e-book.

We'd really appreciate it - so thanks in advance

Seb

--
The Cucumber for Java Book - Seb Rose, Matt Wynne & Aslak Hellesøy
Now available from the Pragmatic Press -

Selenium Framework

Jan 14, 2015, 1:05:06 PM1/14/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes please, really stuck with some java implementations on cucumber jvm [have used cucumber ruby for long time and have same expectations out of cucumber jvm]. Sent an email to your id, however let me know if the destination has to be revised.

Shankar Garg

Jan 14, 2015, 1:15:20 PM1/14/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Please share the same with me as well. Thanks a in advance. let me know if i need to send the email on your id.

---

-
Regards,
Shankar Garg
9873842038

Yogesh Aggarwal

Jan 14, 2015, 9:40:30 PM1/14/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please send me too.

shivi malviya

Jan 15, 2015, 1:08:27 AM1/15/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I also want this copy.
My email ID : malviy...@gmail.com

Thanks,
Shivi

Mark Levison

Jan 15, 2015, 3:09:03 AM1/15/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
​:-) I bought it a couple of weeks ago and am working my way through it. So far its well written and has been a good jumping off point.

My challenge is I'm not the target audience and I wish it addressed my very specific problems. However in that respect its no different than Lasse's TDD of a few years ago.

Cheers
Mark​

---

headshot-square-300x300Mark Levison | 1 (877) 248-8277Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
Certified ScrumMaster Training: Vancouver | Edmonton | Ottawa | Montreal | Toronto
Certified Product Owner & Private Training also available ~ Our Training Schedule
Agile Pain Relief Consulting | Notes from a Tool User
Proud Sponsor of Agile Tour Gatineau Ottawa and Agile Coach Camp Canada

Steve Tooke

Jan 15, 2015, 4:32:48 AM1/15/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015, at 03:34 AM, Mark Levison wrote:
> ​:-) I bought it a couple of weeks ago and am working my way through it.
> So
> far its well written and has been a good jumping off point.
>
> My challenge is I'm not the target audience and I wish it addressed my
> very
> specific problems. However in that respect its no different than Lasse's
> TDD of a few years ago.

I'm interested - what are your specific problems?

Steve

--
E: st...@boxjump.co.uk
T: +44 7919 337 463

> Cheers
> Mark​
>
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Seb Rose <organ...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Would you be interested in taking a look at The Cucumber for Java Book? In return would you be prepared to post a short review on Amazon and/or Barnes & Noble?
> >
> > If the answer to both those question is "Yes!", then please ***send me an email*** and I'll arrange for the Pragmatic Press pixies to send you a free copy of the e-book.
> >
> > We'd really appreciate it - so thanks in advance
> >

> > Seb
> >

> > --
> > The Cucumber for Java Book - Seb Rose, Matt Wynne & Aslak Hellesøy
> > Now available from the Pragmatic Press -https://pragprog.com/book/srjcuc/the-cucumber-for-java-book
> >

> > --
> > Posting rules: http://cukes.info/posting-rules.html
> > ---
> >

> --
>
> [image: headshot-square-300x300]
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/36331075@N00/9674877046/>*Mark Levison* | 1
> (877) 248-8277 | Twitter <https://twitter.com/mlevison> | LinkedIn
> <http://ca.linkedin.com/in/marklevison> | Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/agilepainrelief>
> Certified ScrumMaster Training: Vancouver
> <http://agilepainrelief.com/courses/vancouver> | Edmonton
> <http://agilepainrelief.com/courses/edmonton> | Ottawa
> <http://agilepainrelief.com/courses/ottawa> | Montreal
> <http://agilepainrelief.com/courses/montreal> | Toronto
> <http://agilepainrelief.com/courses/toronto>
> Certified Product Owner & Private Training also available ~ Our Training
> Schedule
> <http://agilepainrelief.com/courses/certified-scrum-agile-training>
> Agile Pain Relief Consulting <http://agilepainrelief.com/> | Notes from a
> Tool User <http://agilepainrelief.com/notesfromatooluser>
> Proud Sponsor of Agile Tour Gatineau Ottawa <http://goagiletour.ca/> and
> Agile
> Coach Camp Canada <http://agilecoachcampcanada.wordpress.com/>

Mark Levison

Jan 15, 2015, 11:22:05 AM1/15/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Steve Tooke <st...@boxjump.co.uk> wrote:

I'm interested - what are your specific problems?

​See my other thread. Which I will start working on again either today or Monday.

Cheers
Mark​

headshot-square-300x300
Mark Levison | 1 (877) 248-8277Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
Certified ScrumMaster Training: Vancouver | Edmonton | Ottawa | Montreal | Toronto
Certified Product Owner & Private Training also available ~ Our Training Schedule

rbk benakan

Jan 16, 2015, 11:47:54 AM1/16/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
yes Seb Rose .

Viktor Sidochenko

Jan 16, 2015, 11:26:50 PM1/16/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes!

Shankar Garg

Jan 19, 2015, 12:36:06 PM1/19/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

By when should I expect the book?

On 17 Jan 2015 09:56, "Viktor Sidochenko" <viktor.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes!

Seb Rose

Jan 20, 2015, 3:02:50 AM1/20/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, at 05:36 PM, Shankar Garg wrote:

By when should I expect the book?

Quite soon - it's in the hands of the publisher, not me ;(

Shane Hayes

Jan 20, 2015, 8:23:11 AM1/20/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes please!

Dev Ram

Jan 20, 2015, 2:38:10 PM1/20/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Yes please.

Roberto Lo Giacco

Jan 21, 2015, 7:42:15 AM1/21/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Il giorno martedì 13 gennaio 2015 16:53:51 UTC+1, Seb Rose ha scritto:
Would you be interested in taking a look at The Cucumber for Java Book? In return would you be prepared to post a short review on Amazon and/or Barnes & Noble?

If the answer to both those question is "Yes!", then please ***send me an email*** and I'll arrange for the Pragmatic Press pixies to send you a free copy of the e-book.

We'd really appreciate it - so thanks in advance

I thought I did already earned a free copy man! :-D

Shankar Garg

Jan 24, 2015, 3:15:50 PM1/24/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com

Got my free copy. Thanks

Will share the feedback also.. :-)

Viktor Sidochenko

Jan 26, 2015, 3:47:59 AM1/26/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Funny issue in "Three Amigos" article:

"Chapter 6. Keeping Your Cucumbers Sweet • 102
The third amigo is the product owner, who cares about scope. When the tester
thinks of scenarios that hit edge cases the product owner doesn’t care about,
she can tell the team to drop that scenario out of scope altogether, "

Tester and Developer are depersonificated, but PO is "she" :)
It is too late to file issues, but just funny :)

Roberto Lo Giacco

Jan 26, 2015, 10:24:46 AM1/26/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Product owners are always pretty ladies with a gargantuan charisma :-D

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cukes" group.

Muhammad Tahir

Jan 26, 2015, 10:38:53 AM1/26/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
can I get a copy as well?

James Murphy

Jan 28, 2015, 3:23:57 AM1/28/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seb,

I've used Cucumber-JVM heavily on the new BBC Sport Live pages to test our back-end services. Obviously I'm not speaking directly on behalf of the BBC but I'd be more than happy to review the book as an impartial developer working on massive scale corporate systems.

Hopefully it'll teach us a few things we did wrong in the process! It was a fairly major project and our cucumber testing process (mainly due to mocking) hasn't been without it's flaws.

In the main though it's worked out relatively well for us.

Let me know if you want me to review it.

Gary Ditzler

Jan 30, 2015, 10:28:58 AM1/30/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes Seb, I wish to review this book.  I assume publisher can send through my Google account.

ziffification

Jan 30, 2015, 3:42:48 PM1/30/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am quite interested ...am I to late to take part?

Seb Rose

Jan 30, 2015, 5:40:18 PM1/30/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the posts to review.

We now have enough reviewers. I'll post again if the publisher wants more in the future.

Cheers
Seb

Adriano Schmidt

Feb 3, 2015, 10:30:46 PM2/3/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
I want the book too :D

Abhay Bharti

Feb 4, 2015, 4:58:16 AM2/4/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please.. My email ID - abhay...@gmail.com

Happy Learning,
Abhay

aslak hellesoy

Feb 4, 2015, 8:19:33 AM2/4/15
to Cucumber Users
Seb already said he doesn't need more people to review and give feedback on the book. He's got plenty!

Aslak

Cynthia

Feb 4, 2015, 9:35:09 AM2/4/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
I would love to review the book.  My company has had different approaches as to how to implement Cucumber-JVM across different applications.  It'd be nice to see what recommendations are in here and compare with what we've done.

Neil K

Feb 12, 2015, 7:13:19 AM2/12/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Seb,

Yes. Please share the same with me as well. Thanks a in advance. let me know if i need to send the email on your id.

Roberto Lo Giacco

Feb 13, 2015, 7:06:49 AM2/13/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
I understand a free book is always welcome, but Seb has already stated he now has enough reviewers: can we please let this thread go to the bottom?

Thanks everybody for understanding.

Wayne Sinclair

Feb 19, 2015, 1:08:44 AM2/19/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, can you please send me a copy of the book. Thanks. wsin...@indigocube.co.za

aslak hellesoy

Feb 23, 2015, 4:48:47 AM2/23/15
to Cucumber Users
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Wayne Sinclair <wsin...@indigocube.co.za> wrote:
Yes, can you please send me a copy of the book. Thanks. wsin...@indigocube.co.za

You're a day late and a dollar short my friend. The book is now in print.

And it's got some great reviews!

Aslak

Chris Powell

Feb 24, 2015, 5:51:53 AM2/24/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Any plans for a Kindle edition?

aslak hellesoy

Feb 24, 2015, 1:52:09 PM2/24/15
to Cucumber Users
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Chris Powell <chrish...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any plans for a Kindle edition?

Mitchell Goroff

Mar 7, 2015, 6:31:26 PM3/7/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Seb,

Please send me a copy of the e-book.

Thanks,
Mitch Goroff

aslak hellesoy

Mar 7, 2015, 6:38:14 PM3/7/15
to Cucumber Users
Mitchell,

The book is now published, so the free book is no longer available.
The purpose of giving it away was to get feedback before publishing.

You can buy it here: cukes.info/javabook

Aslak

Jaivijay Kaura

Jun 16, 2015, 2:49:11 AM6/16/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
can you please arrange the book.
I can post reviews.

Roberto Lo Giacco

Jun 16, 2015, 3:53:08 AM6/16/15
to cu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:06 AM, Jaivijay Kaura <erjai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
can you please arrange the book.
I can post reviews.

This is an old topic and it's no more ongoing: please stop posting/replying, this finished months ago.

Thanks.

Warren Rolle

Feb 22, 2016, 3:19:11 AM2/22/16
to Cukes
Yes, please send me a copy

aslak hellesoy

Feb 22, 2016, 3:20:30 AM2/22/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Sorry you're a year late ;-)

Roberto Lo Giacco

Feb 22, 2016, 3:27:14 AM2/22/16
to cu...@googlegroups.com
:-) as admin can you update the thread title Aslak?
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cukes" group.

aslak hellesoy

Feb 22, 2016, 4:38:29 AM2/22/16
to Cucumber Users
Doesn't look like I can, no.

But people can read the thread before posting ;-)